What is a Veonics® Portal Family?
The current purpose of Veonics® Portal Families is to allow Organizations with multiple Record Properties or Cards Groups to move records between one another.
Rules of being a member of a defined Family:
- Must have the same Parent Organization, called the Root Parent Org (RPO) or related Child Org.
- Child Organizations under the RPO can be in the same Family.
- All Child Organization names in the same Family must start with the RPO First name
- example ABC Corp is the Root, and ABC Orlando is the Child.
- Child Organizations are created when restricted rights are required at the Record Properties (Card Group) level.
- ABC (Root)
- ABC Orlando (Child1)
- ABC Miami (Child2)
- ABC Tampa (Child3)
- Must be assigned the same Record Setup known as the Root Parent Record Setup to the RPO
- Root Parent Organization is named RPO1
- Root Parent Record Setup is named RPRS1
- (Design Name: Orlando, Miami, and Tampa) and linked to RPO1 (Organization) and RPRS1 (Record Setup)
- Root Record Properties (Card Group) is named RPO1 (DEV Requirement)
- Root Record Properties is a table-view of all Child Record Properties (CRP1) records
- Records cannot be created, edited or deleted in the Root Record Properties
- All additional Child Record Properties and clones of Root Record Properties are created using a hierarchical nomenclature. If Child Properties require rights to enable access, then they must be assigned to a Child Organization under the same Root Organization.